rules and regulations
Library Rules and Regulations:
- Library premises are declared as a Silence Zone.
- Complete silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the Library and the Study Room
- Use of mobile phone, for any purpose, is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Every student entering the library premises should be wearing a valid College Identity card. It should be produced as and when demanded by any of the college staff members.
- Every student will be issued 2 Library cards viz. 1 Study Room Card and 1 Home Issue Card.
- The Identity Card, Study Room Card and Home Issue Card are non-transferable. Only the original holder of the cards can use them for borrowing Library materials.
- The Study Room Card must be used for borrowing textbooks, reference books, newspapers, old question paper sets, periodicals. etc. Students are not allowed to take these materials out of the Library. Overnight reading facility will be available to the students as per rules mentioned on the reverse of the Study Room Card.
- The Home Issue Card must be used for borrowing books from the Home Issue Section. Textbooks, fiction books, etc. can be borrowed for home lending on this card. Every student is expected to read and strictly follow the instructions given on the reverse of the Home Issue Card.
- Students should strictly return the books on of before the due date stamped on the due date slip stuck on the last page of the book.
- In case of late return of books, the students will be charged a fine at Rs.2/- per day for the first week and Rs.5/- per day afterwards. In case of serious default, the amount of fine may be increased upto Rs.10/- per day.
- While calculating the fine, holidays too will be counted.
- Students should pay the fine immediately and collect their library cards from the library. Fines cannot be kept pending under any circumstances.
- Re-issue of the books will depend on the demand for the books requested.
- Students must handle the Library books, periodicals and other library materials with great care. Any attempt to damage the library materials by defacing them, tearing pages, writing or marking on them will be treated as misconduct and strictly dealt with.
- Students should check the books and periodicals for torn or damaged pages before leaving the counter. Such pages should be immediately brought to the notice of the counter staff. If any book or periodical is found to be damaged or torn, the last student issuing the book or periodical will be held responsible.
- The computer terminals provided to the students for WebOPAC facility to search the library database for books should be used with utmost care and only for the facility provided.
- The Internet facility in the Library has been made available for educational purposes only. Students should refrain from using it for any other purpose.
- If the Original Identity card or Study Room card or Home Issue card is lost, it should be reported to the Librarian in writing. Duplicate cards will be issued on completion of all necessary formalities.
- Student must register an F.I.R. in the nearest police station and it should be submitted along with the application form for Duplicate cards.
- A Duplicate Identity card will be issued on payment of Rs.100/- whereas Study Room card and Home Issue card will issued on payment of Rs.50/- each.
- In case of any type of misuse or damage against the lost cards, either in the college premises or outside, the original holder of the card will be held responsible.
- All library communications for the students will be in the form of notices displayed from time to time.
- Students should regularly read the notices displayed on the Library notice boards.
- Students must strictly follow all Library rules and regulations. Any disregard of these rules will be reported to the Principal for appropriate disciplinary action.
Website created and maintained by Mr. Paritosh Pawar, Librarian, K.E.T.'s V.G. Vaze College of Arts, Sci. and Comm.
For College Website: Click here
For College Website: Click here